2T drive active yeast
2cups warm water
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
1/2 cup sugar
7cups bread flour (AP flour will work ok, but may be a little dense)
1. Place water, sugar and yeast in your mixing bowl (I use my Kitchen Aide with dough hook attachment) and let yeast bloom for 5 minutes (show look like foam)
2. Add applesauce, oil and remaining sugar to yeast mixture.
3. In a separate bowl mix salt and flour together with a whisk or sifter, then add to the mixung bowl.
4. Place on medium speed and mix for 10 minutes. Dough will be smooth and feel like a baby's bottom ;-)
5. Cover bowl with kitchen towel and place in a warm area and allow to rise for about an hour or until the dough has doubled in size.
6. Punch dough down then cut dough in half and form each into loaf sized shapes onto floured surface. Place in sprayed loaf pans and cover and rise for about 30 minutes. During this time, pre-heat oven to 350F.
7. Bake loaves for 30 minutes or until golden brown and firm to touch. Allow to cool about 15 minutes inside pans then remove and cool. Serve as needed or freeze up to 1 month in a ziplock bag.