These Pretzels are by far the best! Almost as good (if not better) than a familiar soft pretzel brand you always see in the mall. Make this recipe, and you'll never have to spend $6.00 for one again!
2T drive active yeast
2cups warm water
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
1/2 cup sugar
7cups bread flour (AP flour will work ok, but may be a little dense)
1. Place water, sugar and yeast in your mixing bowl (I use my Kitchen Aide with dough hook attachment) and let yeast bloom for 5 minutes (show look like foam)
2. Add applesauce, oil and remaining sugar to yeast mixture.
3. In a separate bowl mix salt and flour together with a whisk or sifter, then add to the mixung bowl.
4. Place on medium speed and mix for 10 minutes. Dough will be smooth and feel like a baby's bottom ;-)
5. Cover bowl with kitchen towel and place in a warm area and allow to rise for about an hour or until the dough has doubled in size.